Re: [CQ-Contest] In-state stations in QSO Parties...

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, aldewey@aol.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] In-state stations in QSO Parties...
From: Julius Fazekas <phriendly1@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 05:32:03 -0700 (PDT)
In N1MM (and probably other programs), if a rover sends N2WN/GRA and you've
worked N2WN already, say in AND, typing N2WN into the logging window shows a
"dupe", but typing the county in will show that GRA is non-dupe and/or new
county. No need to type N2WN/GRA in the entry window, which also eliminates the
need to get rid of /m or /4 or /cty in the ADIF later.

Count me in the group that does use "/cty", if only as for clarification. Too
many time N2WN GRA turns into N2WNGRA, which slows things down in confusion.

Wish CQ and others would stop with the "N2WN/4", something I virtually never
send...

Regardless what you send, thanks to all the folks who hit the road to keep the
QSO parties hopping!

73,
Julius

Julius Fazekas