Re: [CQ-Contest] Question about CQ WPX - Tribander/wires category

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Question about CQ WPX - Tribander/wires category
From: Hank Greeb <n8xx@arrl.org>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 23:08:14 -0400
Thanks Ryan:

Your information is well worthwhile.

I'm still not sure whether my preferred, most simple, construction
project would qualify.  That would be one antenna, a full wave 80 metre
loop, probably a triangle, fed at one corner, and about 40' high..
Would it qualify if I use it on 80 thru 10 metres?  From reading the
Cebik Site, it would (which I can do on the first 3 acres of  my 9 acre
lot) there'd be some gain, and some low angle radiation in some
directions.  The pattern, would be quite fragmented, especially on 20
thru 10 metres.   Working with wire is much easier for me than working
with towers, because of a few strategically located natural antenna
supports (some folks call them trees).

I probably should confirm with K5ZD before I embark on any final
construction project.

73 de n8xx Hg

p.s. But it's really fun "running with the 'big guns' with a peanut
whistle" during a contest like CQ WPX!