Re: [CQ-Contest] Public logs, public perception

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Public logs, public perception
From: Art Boyars <artboyars@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 22:48:56 -0600
>From W3WN: "In other words, guilty (presumed cheating) until proved
innocent."  Not at all, Ron.  Not guilty, just suspect.  Like the
second-rank slugger who suddenly starts hitting 50 home runs a season.

>From K0HB: "Of course they'll know if you're cheating.  The contest sponsor
will DQ you."  If you say so, Hans.

>From N7NG (off-Reflector response): "Considering the nature of the cheating
currently of concern, opening logs proves virtually nothing. It's a
smokescreen, red herring, whatever."  Showing that, once again, K3KU is
behind the times (might be said for Hans' comment, too).  Seems there are
ways to cheat that I can't even imagine.  I'll have to figure out if I like
myself better as naively honest or as disappointedly realisitic.

I guess I just wish we were all into sharing what we have learned.  What
will be next in secretiveness -- putting invisibility shields around your
antenna farm so nobody can see what you are using?

73, Art K3KU/7 in Salt Lake City, visiting my son (summer job here), and
onward tmw to Boise to visit my brother.  It's almost like working two
mult's in one QSO.