Re: [CQ-Contest] Field Day and contesting...

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Field Day and contesting...
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 15:34:00 -0600
I operated a few hours of Field Day from home.  I had two interests:

- RTTY
- 6 meters

RTTY was primarily to help the guys out who actually bothered to get
on that mode.  I tried PSK-31 but OMG what a mess, I couldn't get
anyone to hear me, I just gave up.

I did not know what 6 meters would be like.  Sunday morning, it was
open to So. Cal/Arizona + a few Texans for several hours.  I even
worked a few new grids.

Yes, I know that 1D to 1D QSOs count for 0 points.  But it *doesn't*
mean that I can't work other 1D stations.  I didn't mind when 1D
stations called me.

I really do NOT like people telling me who I can or can't work during
an operating event, or implying that I'm ignorant of the rules.  My
license says I can work anyone anywhere, within the rules dictated by
Part 97 of the FCC code.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us