Re: [CQ-Contest] Field Day and contesting...

To: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Field Day and contesting...
From: Bill Coleman <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 07:44:04 -0400
On Jun 29, 2010, at 5:34 PM, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:

> Yes, I know that 1D to 1D QSOs count for 0 points.  But it *doesn't*
> mean that I can't work other 1D stations.  I didn't mind when 1D
> stations called me.
>
> I really do NOT like people telling me who I can or can't work during
> an operating event, or implying that I'm ignorant of the rules.  My
> license says I can work anyone anywhere, within the rules dictated by
> Part 97 of the FCC code.

It occurs to me the easiest way around the dilemma of 1D stations not being
able to work other 1D stations for points is to never operate 1D. Find a way to
use emergency power for your rig and operate 1E instead. Then, everything
counts.

Web: http://boringhamradiopart.blogspot.com
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901