Re: [CQ-Contest] no no no...it MUST be 579 (was 599)

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, kr2q@optimum.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] no no no...it MUST be 579 (was 599)
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 23:02:13 EDT
In a perfect world, penalties for busted qsos would be related to the
reported signal report.

If you give the guy a 59(9) and bust his info, you must be pretty bad at
copying signals that are, by your own admission, perfectly readable  signals.

If you give him a 33(9) and bust his info, it may be partly the other guy's
 fault for being so weak, or the fault of neither of you that there was  so
much QRM and QRN,  so therefore not so much of a reflection on your
skills.

73  -  Jim   K8MR

In a message dated 7/22/2010 7:06:36 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
kr2q@optimum.net writes:

Sorry  folks...but ever try reading the RULES?

>From CQWW

IV. NUMBER  EXCHANGE: Phone: RS
report plus zone (i.e., 5705). CW: RST
report plus  zone (i.e., 57905).

So we are all REQUIRED to send 5705 or 57905,  irrespective of S strength,
readability, or
actual zone.

We all know  that "IE" translates into "that is," right?  So CQ specifies
exactly what  we
are supposed to send and it is NOT 599.

NOTE:  Clearly, the  rule should read: (EG 5705) since EG = "for example."

Additionally,  nowhere in the CQWW Rules does it state that you have record
the  exchange,
only to make an exchange.

As far as I know (afaik for you  net guys), cabrillo is what "requires"
that the exchange field
be  populated.

April in July!!

de Doug  KR2Q