Re: [CQ-Contest] Online marketing spotting

To: reflector cq-contest <CQ-Contest@Contesting.COM>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Online marketing spotting
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 08:28:10 -0400
No, it must also contain some element that identifies itself as a CQ (CQ
or TEST), and probably will need several repeats of your callsign,
because of the portable designator.  And of course, nobody will be using
Skimmer spots in an SSB contest.  Finally, you will presumably be
operating in a phone segment, and most of us are using receivers that
don't go that high.  For example, my 20M coverage cuts off at 14092.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com,