Re: [CQ-Contest] IRCs, a "lighter topic"...

To: Geoffrey Way <wayg@cape-vision.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] IRCs, a "lighter topic"...
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 15:03:45 -0400
I think what you need is this, from the USPS.com web site_

IMM Revision: International Reply Coupons

Effective August 3, 2009, the Postal Service™ is revising
Mailing Standards of the United States Postal Service,
International Mail Manual (IMM®) section 381.3b to codify
that international reply coupons purchased in foreign countries
are exchangeable at U.S. Post Office™ facilities
toward the purchase of postage stamps and embossed
stamped envelopes at $0.98 per coupon.

Consistent with Article 13 of the Universal Postal Union
(UPU) Convention and Article RL142.3 of the UPU Letter
Post Regulations, inbound international reply coupon service
allows customers in member countries of the UPU to
prepay for a reply sent by mail by purchasing reply coupons
that are exchangeable for U.S. postage stamps. The
regulation provides that one coupon is exchangeable for a
stamp or stamps representing the minimum postage of an
unregistered airmail letter, regardless of the country destination.

For this purpose, and in order to satisfy the UPU
requirement, the equivalent exchange value is that of a 1-
ounce First-Class Mail International™ letter, which is currently
priced at $0.98.

We will incorporate this revision into the next printed version
of the IMM and into the monthly update of the online
IMM, which is available via Postal Explorer® at http://
pe.usps.com.

— Mailing Standards,
Pricing, 7-16-09