Re: [CQ-Contest] 2009 CQWW CW participation figures and logs accuracy

To: "'Stan'" <ua1out@yahoo.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 2009 CQWW CW participation figures and logs accuracy
From: "Randy Thompson K5ZD" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 16:59:00 -0000
Very interesting analysis. I can offer some additional data based on WPX CW
2009.

Logs received: 3,649
Total QSOs: 2,224,164
Total callsigns found:  35,451
Callsigns worked only ONE time (i.e., uniques): 20,273

84.6% of these unique QSOs were busted during the checking process! After
all checking, there were 14,659 "valid" calls active in the contest.

Interesting that the ending numbers were almost the same as you found for WW
CW.

Conservatively assuming there are 2 million ham radio operators in the
world, we have plenty of room for future growth in the number of contesters!

Randy, K5ZD