Re: [CQ-Contest] The Meaning of Assisted

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The Meaning of Assisted
From: "Warren C. Stankiewicz" <nf1j@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 13:24:06 -0700
When does this all stop?

Before long, we'll have people crying that those who have pacemakers are
receiving "assistance", not to mention people who use bronchial dialators
(more breath for phone operating, after all).  If your significant other
brings you coffee and a sandwich, and rubs your shoulders, should that
count? After all, it's going to affect your score.

While I may admire this puritanical streak many in the hobby has displayed
over recent years, I still feel this energy is misplaced. We still would all
be much better served by finding more ways to get more people to operate in
contests than debating how many assistants can dance on the head of a pin.

With malice towards none,

Warren, NF1J/6