Re: [CQ-Contest] [wrtc2010] WRTC 2014 Team Selection Criteria

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [wrtc2010] WRTC 2014 Team Selection Criteria
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 17:14:31 -0700
Yup ... totally.  One of the more indignant complaints I've seen so far
came from someone who didn't even bother to read, or at least
understand, the published rules.

I think it's funny to see the bitching about the Single Band formula for
WRTC 2014 when Single Band scores weren't even allowed to count for WRTC
2010.   It's probably also worth pointing out that WRTC 2014 itself is
NOT a single band competition.  It's kind of like saying I want to
qualify for the Olympic Decathlon by being a world class pole vaulter.

I think that it's counterproductive for people to try to identify
unlikely scenarios that MIGHT create a score disparity instead of
acknowledging that the selection committee had to work with probable
scenarios, and that the effort to deal with increasing detail and
complexity in the scoring process follows an exponential curve.

While some people have raised some interesting points, most of the
complaints I've seen so far aren't much different than if someone wanted
a different contest to be included in the criteria.  They are, as you
say, simply vitriolic gripes that the selection criteria doesn't match
how that person wants to operate.

73,
Dave   AB7E