Re: [CQ-Contest] Blind Mode for N1MM Bandmap

To: vr2bg@harts.org.hk
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Blind Mode for N1MM Bandmap
From: Gary <k7zd@qwest.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 16:29:39 -0700
Brett, agreed..

It's so obvious. No one is saying technology isn't a great thing.
Many of us are just simply saying don't care to compete against using
the "ears" of others to find mults, etc. Why all the acrimony?

Comparing the advance of electronic keyers, contest logging SW, etc
isn't relevant to this discussion. Doesn't matter if you have a
"Superstation" or dipole. The OP is still doing the work of finding
the Good Stuff.

For the average contester like me, I have just as much "fun" as the tech
guys doing it myself (altho when I have very limited hours
available due to family issues and may do assisted next weekend).
Helps the club total score, and that's a good thing. Right? GRIN

Seems like this will never end.. I hope at least in the major 'tests
they keep a clean unassisted category. If not, so be it. I can't
imagine wanting to spend precious "chair time" competing against
folks who have 25 mults before I even hit the air..

Sorry if I offended the easily offended!

73, Gary K7ZD