Re: [CQ-Contest] Blind Mode for N1MM Bandmap

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Blind Mode for N1MM Bandmap
From: "VE5ZX" <ve5zx@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 08:08:01 -0600
>And I consider learning new technology and how to integrate it into the
>station and operating practices as part of improving operator skill.

Well stated. Remember the days when it was exciting to see the evolution of
a amateur radio technology from hand key & bug to keyers, independent rx &
tx which you had to zero beat to transceivers, and paper logs to computer
logs? It seems many older ops just want to hang onto the past. They appear
to have forgotten the excitement of technology change that our community is
renowned for producing. Oh well - sooner or the later the younger ops with
have control and hopefully contest rules with be update to reflect the state
of art instead of  trying to hang onto old technological paradigms.

Syl - VE5ZX