[CQ-Contest] The danger of packet/cluster use

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] The danger of packet/cluster use
From: kr2q@optimum.net
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 11:09:14 +0000 (GMT)
I suspect that very few will agree with this, but......

When you call a runner, give HIS call at least once.  I'm sure if the runner
had any idea
of what station the callers THOUGHT they were working, the runner would
immediately
correct it...IF anyone would have bothered to listen to the correction...and
I'm sure Randy
gave his call many times during this time frame.

Of course, many of those (all in this case?) relying on cluster probably just
point-and-click
and dump in the callsign without ever listening to anything, except for THEIR
callsign
coming back at them.

Curious that nobody thought to wonder why a KH7 was so loud in EU on 80m at
that time.
I'm taking a real guess that Randy was substantially louder than a real Hawaii
station.
Oh yeah...point and shoot, don't listen, don't think.  That's right.

Can anyone check the cluster file for this time frame to see if anyone offered
up a correction?
Just curious.

de Doug KR2Q