Re: [CQ-Contest] SS CW question

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SS CW question
From: Nate Bargmann <n0nb@n0nb.us>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 18:04:31 -0600
I agree 100% and I am not exactly proficient at CW SS so all of the
extras and shortcuts make it even more difficult for me to find this
contest less like work and more like fun.  Still, I soldier on.  At
least this year I made enough Q's to qualify for a PINS before I threw
in the towel.

I had cut numbers thrown at me, leading zeroes, my call sent at the
beginning of the exchange, but I don't recall anyone who answered my CQs
omitting their call in the exchange.  Yes, that is very much a
retraining sequence as my grey matter works slowly enough that about 25
WPM is the limit for processing the SN an Prec and typing them before I
have to process the CK and SEC.  Often I got way behind and blew it all.
I was calling right at 20 WPM and gave up after the guy running a bug at
somewhere around 30 WPM insisted on rattling off his exchange.
Fortunately he did hang around giving me fills until I got it.

Despite my love of operating, I know I'm not very good.

73, de Nate >>