[CQ-Contest] question for SS pre-fill users

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] question for SS pre-fill users
From: Michael Dinkelman <mwdink@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 07:23:51 -0800 (PST)
Nope, this isn't a debate about whether you should use pre-fills
in your logging programs. (I did myself many years ago
but find it more challenging and fun to copy the stuff on the
fly now.)

Instead, this is a question about what do you get for my CHECK
if you are using a pre-fill. This year, I received more requests to
confirm my CHECK than I can ever remember. Way more than
everything else combined including the serial number (where I
expect fillrequests).

I can only surmise that the pre-fill value is coming up to something
different than from what I have always sent. The good news
is that people aren't relying on the pre-fill value and question it.
The bad news is that this is having an impact on my rate as this
happened hundreds oftimes this past weekend.

If you used pre-fill and could go back into your logger and let me
know what the pre-fill gives you for my check, I would be interested
to know. (You can send it to me off list at <n7wa at arrl dot net>)

If it's wrong, I'll have to see about how to get that corrected. If
it's right, I'll have to see about modifying my exchange message
to make it more clear when initially sent.

cheer
dink, n7wa