Re: [CQ-Contest] Best SS exchange yet!

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Best SS exchange yet!
From: Ben Coleman NJ8J <nj8j@benshome.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 15:43:45 -0500

On 11/21/2010 1:29 PM, Joe wrote:
> A Local club here is WB9FDZ, and during Field Day that use often,
> especially late at night during the graveyard shifts,
>
> Whiskey Bravo Nine Field Day Zombies.
>
> Fits pretty good at 3 AM

Yes, Field Day in the early morning hours is a good time for creative
phonetics.  Back when I lived in WV, I quite remember operating W8SP
(the Mountaineer Amateur Radio Association, in Fairmont) in the early
morning hours when someone came up with the phonetics "Whiskey Eight
Super Pickle".  That one would actually break pileups ("I wanna work the
pickle station!" was one station's response).

The next year, one of the XYLs found a cloth cucumber and sewed on an
'S' and a cape.  For all I know, they could still be using it as their
Field Day mascot.

Ben
- --
Ben Coleman nj8j@benshome.net
 "I love the way Microsoft follows standards.  In much the
same manner that fish follow migrating caribou."
                                            Paul Tomblin