Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Update

To: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Update
From: w5ov@w5ov.com
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 12:08:22 -0500
Again,

The rule says:

3. All transmitters and receivers used by the entrant must be located
within a single 500-meter diameter circle or within the property limits of
the station licensee?s address, whichever is greater.

4. All antennas used by the entrant must be physically connected by wires
to the transmitters and receivers used by the entrant.

An opinion that a skimmer receiver should not count is irrelevant as the
rule precludes all receivers. There is no exemption for a receiver that
might have a skimmer or equivalent connected to it.

Obviously, the purpose of this is to make at least some attempt to keep
the playing field level by not allowing a station to deploy equipment
elsewhere that would only be used by that station - regardless of what
category that station is in.

Spotting networks and the like (which are public in nature but not defined
as such in the rules) are specifically exempted and allowed by rule for
Single Op Assisted and all multi-op categories.

73,

Bob W5OV