Re: [CQ-Contest] Conditions this weekend

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Conditions this weekend
From: Jukka Klemola <jpklemola@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 09:37:35 +0200
>  we will be there cqing starting about sunrise
> and going until we run out of propagation after dark.
>

> David Robbins K1TTT

Once again, exceptions will verify the common truths !

Please note it can happen 15 opens during the dark hours, too.
The absolute best rates have been achieved at about or a little after
the local midnight here up in Northern Europe.

On 40, my guess is the daylight propagation will be better than
propagation through the dark area.
At least from my end of the Globe.

Also, on 80m there can be a condx peak before sunset.
But usually there is a real peak somewhat well after the local
sunrise; during real daylight.

On CW; the new tools will tell if there are signals on the air during
the odd hours.
But it requires there are people CQing so the machines can tell the
openings for the assisted and the multiops.

73,
Jukka OH6LI