Re: [CQ-Contest] cqww etiquette

To: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cqww etiquette
From: "David Kozinn, K2DBK" <dkozinn@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 21:48:18 -0500
I'm sure that the big m/m stations realize why people are calling (and like
others, I try to find someone from one of those, when they aren't busy, for
the mult), but I've run into people in the past who don't seem to realize
why a pop-gun S&P'er like myself might call. During one of my first CQ WW
SSB contests, while S&P'ing,I had someone tell me "this is a DX contest, why
are you calling?!?!" and went on to call CQ. I suppose it would be amusing
if he never logged those zero-pointer mults at all. During the SSB contests,
I do try to make a point (particularly if the other station wasn't busy to
begin with, which is almost always the case) to says "thanks for the mult"
and most of the guys now will say "no problem". It's a bit harder to toss
that in on CW (where's that macro key?).

73,
     David, K2DBK
     k2dbk.com
     k2dbk.blogspot.com