[CQ-Contest] Frustration this weekend.....

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Frustration this weekend.....
From: "Shane Mattson-->K1ZR" <k1zr@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 17:57:02 +0000 (UTC)

Is it me or is the issue with DX signing their call sign once every 1-3 minutes
(sometimes more!) getting extremely frustrating?  The worst example was a
station in the Africa region who decided to run split on 15M and informed
callers of their callsign and RX frequency every 1-3 minutes causing a pileup
of callers on their TX frequency and a swath of stations sending 'Up', 'Up',
'Up'.  Seriously, not everyone relies on packet spots and it would be great if
the DX could sign their call every 4-5 q's.  This is where bogus spots on the
cluster cause major problems as I'm sure that those who simply point and shoot
to a spotted mult work 'em and move on before actually hearing the station's
call.  Help!

-Shane K1ZR