[CQ-Contest] Antwort: Re: Frustration this weekend.....

To: Barry <w2up@comcast.net>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Antwort: Re: Frustration this weekend.....
From: gissel@fh-ludwigshafen.de
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 09:18:46 +0100
Hi all,

as one of the remaining OPs operating unassisted I agree that stns who do
not identify at least after every second QSO are truly annoying.

However, the procedure suggested by Barry worked fine for me, too. As I
found the sequence "CALL?" might be a bit too long, every time I was
needing an ID I would commence my report by "CAL", followed directly by
the usual "5NN 14". All stations worked this way reacted on the spot and
included their call in the next CQ.

Vy 73 de Andy, DL3YM

Barry <w2up@comcast.net>
Gesendet von: cq-contest-bounces@contesting.com
30.11.2010 03:36

An
cq-contest@contesting.com
Kopie

Thema
Re: [CQ-Contest] Frustration this weekend.....

I usually call the guy, then before giving a report, send CALL?  It
usually works.  Once in a while I'll get a TU.  if he logged me, without
me sending a report and without me knowing his call, he'll be dinged 3
QSOs for his "efficient operating" as there's nothing in my log.
Barry W2UP

Mattson-->K1ZR<k1zr@comcast.net>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Is it me or is the issue with DX signing their call sign once every
1-3
>>> minutes (sometimes more!) getting extremely frustrating?  The worst
>>> example was a station in the Africa region who decided to run split on
>>> 15M and informed callers of their callsign and RX frequency every 1-3
>>> minutes causing a pileup of callers on their TX frequency and a swath
of
>>> stations sending 'Up', 'Up', 'Up'.  Seriously, not everyone relies on
>>> packet spots and it would be great if the DX could sign their call
>>> every 4-5 q's.  This is where bogus spots on the cluster cause major
>>> problems as I'm sure that those who simply point and shoot to a
spotted
>>> mult work 'em and move on before actually hearing the station's call.
>>> Help!
>>>

>>> -Shane K1ZR

Barry Kutner, W2UP             Lakewood, CO