Re: [CQ-Contest] Frustration this weekend.....

To: John Geiger <aa5jg@fidmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Frustration this weekend.....
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 17:09:43 -0700
On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 4:05 PM, John Geiger AA5JG wrote:

> Yes, the lack of IDing bothers me as well.  The other pet peeve I have is
> stations in state QSO parties on SSB who don't use phonetics.  You would be
> surprised how hard it is to get a correct callsign because so many letters
> sound alike.  This doesn't seem to be near as much of a problem in the
> bigger SSB contests.

Hi John,

There is a mobile county hunters net on 20 meter SSB, where phonetics
are FORBIDDEN by the usual net control operator (the regulars all [or
should] recognize the other regulars' calls), to the point where he
won't let you work stations on HIS net (i.e. blacklisted).  If the
contest operators have learned from this experience, it could explain
why there is a problem on SSB.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us