Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP CW + Skimmer

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP CW + Skimmer
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 11:22:52 -0700
Sorry, but I don't think you managed to clarify the rule at all.  In
fact, I think it got less clear, and from the outside it indeed looks
like you changed it.  The way it was previously written it sounded like
decoding of "the" contest exchange, i.e., the one you were making at the
time, was legal by technological means such as CW decoders ... including
CW Skimmer when used in narrow band 3KHz audio mode.  Now it sounds like
simultaneous decoding of exchange information for MULTIPLE signals is
allowed ... i.e., use of CW Skimmer in broadband SDR mode as long as it
is receiving those multiple signals from within your own station.  I
guarantee that nobody will know for sure what you intend based upon the
current wording of the rule, especially in conjunction of the prior
wording of the rule when you say that the rule itself didn't change.

Again, as I stated in an earlier post, this is what happens when contest
rule makers focus on tools instead of simply and unambiguously defining
the result they want, and why these message boards are constantly filled
with folks debating and adding their own personal bias to what the rule
maker intended.

73,
Dave   AB7E