Re: [CQ-Contest] Skimmer and NAQP

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Skimmer and NAQP
From: "Donald Butler" <n5lz@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 10:03:42 -0700
I agree that CW Skimmer has no place in Single Op contesting.

I participate in contests because they're fun.  My objective is to have fun.
I've never won anything, and I never will; on rare occasions I have managed
to sneak into a top ten box or two, but those are notable exceptions.  As
long as it continues to be fun, I'll be actively involved in every contest
that I can.

My concern with CW Skimmer is that it gives an advantage to a very small
minority of stations, and because of that, it will likely drive many other
serious competitors away from the contest.  Anything that reduces the number
of participants is negative.  When we run out of stations to work, the fun
is gone.

NAQP CW is a great contest, is not broken, and definitely does not need to
be "FIXED".  If it's not too late, PLEASE LEAVE IT ALONE!

Don, N5LZ