Re: [CQ-Contest] Mult passing: is it okay to use?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Mult passing: is it okay to use?
From: "Bob Naumann" <W5OV@W5OV.COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 07:28:06 -0600
Frank,

As long as your entry category permits more than one signal on the air at
the same time, passing of multipliers is one of the most effective methods
of increasing multiplier counts.

For example, if you are multi-multi, you can ask someone you work on one
band to qsy to work your station on another band pretty much at any time you
want - as long as you don't violate the one signal per band on the air at
one time rule.

If you are multi-single, you have to be careful about not violating band
change restrictions. In other words, if you are running on one band, you
can't just flip around on all the other bands looking for stations to pass
to the band you're running on. The exact rules for multi-single can vary
depending upon which contest you are participating in at the time.

What class of entry is your group planning and for which contest? It might
be better to discuss some specifics to be clear about what is and what is
not allowed.

73,

Bob W5OV