Re: [CQ-Contest] Online Contesting-Dr DX

To: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Online Contesting-Dr DX
From: Jack Haverty <jack@3kitty.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 21:48:26 -0800
Thanks David - you said it better than I did.  Contesting hasn't changed
fundamentally for a long time.  That isn't necessarily bad.  There are
lots of classic games that have endured for decades or centuries -
chess, checkers, go, bridge, etc.  Even kids' games like Tag or
Hide-and-Seek or Go Fish.  They have limited audiences today but they'll
probably endure for a long time to come.

If you want to get more people involved in radio competition, e.g., who
might be from the MMOG community, (and I don't know whether or not
that's desirable) I think it would be possible to do so in the radio
world, but it would probably look a lot different from today.  Some of
the more recent innovations, e.g., RBN/Internet/computers, (as well as
radio improvements) provide raw materials to enable all sorts of new
radio games.

73,
/Jack