Re: [CQ-Contest] QZB (Suggestion)

To: K6VVA - Rick <cqtest97@k6vva.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QZB (Suggestion)
From: Mike Fatchett W0MU <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 09:24:36 -0700
Rick and all,

The pileups on Sunday became insane.  Any DX that would LOUD had huge
pileups and for the most part I would agree were pretty much zero beat.
I know some of the DX had to be going crazy!  One station finally broke
down and was calling for 7's and 0's  and that pileup was pretty tough.

I tried calling a number of stations a bit off frequency with little
luck so it was back to zero beat.  Maybe most ops had their filter
dialed down low?  With skimmer and RBN you can't really hide anymore.  I
noticed a few ops changed frequencies in an attempt to flee a packet
spot bomb.

I found that I had better luck working weaker stations from Colorado
with 100 watts than the very loud stations who had huge pileups.

I look forward to you remote station write up as we have hopes to buy a
place in the Carib where we can put up a "small" station.

Mike W0MU