[CQ-Contest] Just one weekend

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Just one weekend
From: "Ken Claerbout" <k4zw@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 21:16:46 -0500
NR4M, K7SV, and I were at the farm this weekend and this topic came up.  I
seem to recall years ago the late W4AN convinced a few of his multi-op
competitors to shut off packet for a contest.  I think it would be cool if
the multi-op teams, for just one contest, would shut off packet, skimmer,
and any outside assistance.  It would be fascinating to see how the numbers,
especially multiplier totals, compare when the teams have to rely solely on
their own sleuthing and teamwork for those extra QSO's and mults.

Ken K4ZW