[CQ-Contest] Club/Group competition 275 km radius in CQ Contest (petitio

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Club/Group competition 275 km radius in CQ Contest (petition for change).
From: "Martin Monsalvo, LU5DX" <lu5dx@mail.ru>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 18:16:06 -0300
Hi guys.

We started a petition to ask the organizers of CQ Contest to review the 275
Km radius rule (Club/Group) competition.
We have been allowed by the organizers to submit our contest scores to our
clubs/groups for eleven years now, but we really feel it is time for a
change.

This rule was originally written back in 1948 when these competitions
started and certainly the wording took into account the situation of the US
based Clubs.

There are countries outside USA and Europe where the territory is really
vast and the ham population is very little. Our members feel encouraged to
enter contests even if it is ocassionally if they are allowed to submit
their scores to our Club/Groups, and we really believe that being these
competitions world wide events, the situation of other regions needs to be
considered.

There are several options e.g.:
Remove the geographic limitation completely, thus, allowing members of each
Club to submit their scores to their club, no matter if they have moved
temporarily or permanently.
Keep this geographic limitation as it is for the US and Western Europe
countries and remove it for the rest of the world, and so on.

If you feel like signing the petition you can do so at:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/275km/

Thanks in advance for getting involved.

Regards!

--