Re: [CQ-Contest] Unauthorized Posts on DX Cluster are NOT KY1V

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Unauthorized Posts on DX Cluster are NOT KY1V
From: Chuck Chandler <ws1l@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 06:52:03 -0500
I agree completely.  The whole issue of bad spots (for whatever reasons...
cheerleading, bragging, begging, or the gamut of malicious intent) degrades
what should be a prime resource for DX'ers and contesters.

Is there an alternative?  Is there some software that a DX/contest club
could fire up to create their own local secure cluster, with provisions to
only link to other, also-secure clusters?

I haven't heard of any.  Perhaps all we are waiting for is an alternative
choice?  I know nothing of how hard a job that would be, but somebody
somewhere must be itching for a project that will truly make a difference to
our community.

73 de Chuck, WS1L

On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 1:19 PM, Luc PY8AZT <py8azt@dxbrasil.net> wrote:

> Clap, clap, clarp.
>
> It´s time to make our network secure, DXCluster included!
> Or more and more abuses will come alive making the DXCluster less and
> less useful.
>
> 73, Luc
> __
> PW7T Team member
> WRTC.2010 Brazilian Team Leader
> PY8AZT (also PT7AG, PX8C, ZZ8Z, ZY7C)
> LABRE, ARRL, CWJF & Fortaleza DX Group Member
>
> 2011/4/24 David Kopacz <david.kopacz@aspwebhosting.com>:
> > I have received a number of recent emails regarding comments made via
> > the DX Cluster using my call sign KY1V.
> >
> > I would like to "clear the air" regarding these posts on the cluster.

> > THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT MINE. I DID NOT MAKE THEM.
> >
> > I DO NOT post comments on the DX Cluster about people. In fact, I have
> > rarely posted to the DX Cluster. I don't even post during contests. I
> > almost exclusively use the cluster to receive spots while contesting.
> >
> snip
> >
> > Until such time as the Amateur Radio community decides that they will no
> > longer tolerate such abuse and refuse to participate in using an
> > unsecured system that allows such blatant abuses to continue, the
> > problem will likely continue endlessly.
> >
> > It doesn't have to be this way. Isn't it time for a change?
> >
> > I hope to get back into radio soon, until then, happy DX'ing and
> > contesting.
> >
> > 73,
> >
> > David ~ KY1V

73 de Chuck, WS1L