Re: [CQ-Contest] Comments on Proposed Changes to ARRL DX

To: "'Bud Trench'" <aa3b.bud@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Comments on Proposed Changes to ARRL DX
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m73@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 14:11:20 -0400
Hi Bud,

Thanks for the input. It will be considered in the CAC's deliberations. All
16 CAC Divisional representatives are experienced contesters and most of
them consult other contesters in and out of their respective Divisions
before taking a position on the issues we study. Your Division CAC rep is
N2MG and I see you've copied him. I encourage you to speak with Mike about
your concerns.

Please be advised that, despite what the article in RadioSport says, the CAC
is still in discussion and study mode on ARRL DX. We've had some preliminary
votes, straw polls if you will, on various issues to get a sense of where
CAC members stand, but we have not come to any final conclusions and have
made no recommendations to the ARRL Board committees with authority to
change rules. It's premature to assume anything else. We're not even halfway
through our list of issues to consider. Some of the issues we have yet to
study could have an impact on our recommendations about issues we've already
covered (hence the reason we've done straw polls and not final votes.) Other
issues still require detailed analysis of log data from past contests to
fully understand the ramifications. It may be some time before the CAC
concludes this project and, as I truthfully said to RadioSport, I would not
hazard a guess as to the final outcome on any particular rule.

And I hope to see you in IARU, too!

73, Dick WC1M
NE CAC Rep, Chair