Re: [CQ-Contest] CW Skimmer via 3G Wireless on FD

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CW Skimmer via 3G Wireless on FD
From: Paul O'Kane <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 17:19:09 +0100

>>   but it makes about as much sense as using
>> a pole in a high-jump competition.

> They do, they call it Pole Vaulting, and is still part of track and field

That's my point - when you do something to
change the nature of an activity, it becomes
a different activity with a different name.

Why then do so many use the internet while
contesting, a fundamentally different activity
from amateur radio?  Sure, they're still in
the communications business, but it's not
amateur radio communications.

And yes, they do work other stations using
amateur-band RF.  But, it's a contest and
how you find those stations matters.

Reminds me of crossword enthusiasts who
use an electronic solver - they can always
claim they filled in the squares all by
themselves.

73,
Paul EI5DI