Re: [CQ-Contest] Multi-op rule change in CQWW

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Multi-op rule change in CQWW
From: "Bob Naumann" <W5OV@W5OV.COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 07:39:19 -0500
Unnecessary? Really?

The rule is in place to assure that two signals cannot occur simultaneously
on a band in compliance with the rules. Dueling CQ's is already forbidden in
the rules for many reasons.

It is quite apparent in the recent CQWW and RDXS results with
disqualifications that many stations are not managing one signal on a band
properly.

If a station is going to enter such a category and use more than one radio
per band, they should use proper technology to manage it properly.

I see this as completely appropriate and given the recent disqualifications,
obviously necessary.

73,

Bob W5OV