Re: [CQ-Contest] USB-to-DB9 Interface

To: CQ contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] USB-to-DB9 Interface
From: "David J. Sourdis - HK1A" <hk1kxa@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 08:17:05 -0500
The best thing I have used, at professional and ham level, to adapt to a serial
port is a PCMCIA card. USB to serial DB-9 was always a problem.
It was faster to update firmware to SCADA units at work and in the shack CW TX
with N1MM would nevert go berzerk.
PCMCIA to serial port adapter:
http://aaxeon.com/s.nl/sc.7/category.910/.f
Now, PCs do not carry PCMCIA slots anymore. So, to get a PCMCIA slot you would
need a USB to PCMCIA adapter to connect the above adapter :o(((
Back to square one!.
73

David
HK1A