Re: [CQ-Contest] radio-sport.net web site or copy andpastejournalism

To: "Doug Renwick" <ve5ra@sasktel.net>, "'Kelly Taylor'" <ve4xt@mymts.net>, "'wally'" <wally@el-soft.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] radio-sport.net web site or copy andpastejournalism
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 09:58:56 -0400
I want to be clear I am not singling out any one person, but this is a
problem across the board with any publication. We all know it happens.

A national magazine just published an article that is almost totally wrong
and can actually kill hams and damage equipment. I sent them documentation
of the many mistakes, and the initial response is they are unwilling to
correct the mistakes (including the mistake were someone can be killed) in
the same visibility as the mistake was made.

I'm not sure how to fix this problem, but it is everywhere.

73 Tom