Re: [CQ-Contest] How to SO2R for a SS newbie?

To: Dick Green WC1M <wc1m73@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] How to SO2R for a SS newbie?
From: Craig Smith <craig@powersmith.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 10:08:08 -0400
I believe that many if not most of the highest scoring stations in all
categories use SO2R, so there must be a useful advantage given that you have
the requisite station setup and operator skills for SO2R.  I qualify for
neither of these criteria.

But last year for the first time I did try SO2V in SS using my single K3 and
N1MM logger.  It was indeed a steep learning curve and I'd rate my proficiency
level as "bumbling beginner".  My estimate is that I netted 3 to 6 additional
Qs and no additional Ms by using SO2V during the quiet times beginning early
Sunday AM.  Your results will vary and most likely be better!

73 Craig AC0DS

Craig Smith
1009 Alder Way
Longmont, CO. 80503