Re: [CQ-Contest] Determining ASSISTED vs NON-ASSISTED -- was: =>RE: Chea

To: "Collins, Graham" <CollinG@navcanada.ca>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Determining ASSISTED vs NON-ASSISTED -- was: =>RE: Cheating and bad journalism
From: David Levine <david@levinecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 12:54:20 -0400
To me it is all about honesty & integrity. Assisted vs not assisted is no
different than HP vs LP. People should be honest and I'd rather not win and
have played by the rules vs win and cheat. I guess it's why in golf I play
the ball where it lies or if I hit a poor shot and drop and hit another
shot, I play ball from the first shot and not the 2nd. Sure, I can always
claim a lower score I didn't really have, but for what reason would anyone
do that?

I don't really care what others do and though it's a competition, it's a
competition I have with myself to improve upon on previous attempts. Sure,
one always compares themselves to others but I do that to see why someone
did better than me. How did they have the same # of contacts and so many
more mults? Or did they work more on a band that provided a higher
multiplier?

I don't think we should alter categories for the primary purpose of someone
cheating and because we  can't catch them everyone gets lumped together. I'd
rather that not be the reason.

That's all I really have to say on this type of discussion.

K2DSL - David