Re: [CQ-Contest] Kenwood TS-590S Contesting performance question

To: "'BRYON PAUL n0ah VEAL'" <bryonveal@msn.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Kenwood TS-590S Contesting performance question
From: "W4ZW" <w4zw@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 17:26:22 -0600
I've had the ICOM Pro III and prefer the TS-590S.  My favorite for low band
CW rig was my old FT-1000D with all the mods and the Timewave DSP unit, but
can't find parts anymore, so reluctantly sold it.

This TS-590S was pretty equal to the K-3 in my testing for CW and you can
buy two of them for what my K-3 with 2nd RX and all the bells and whistles
cost.  I personally did not care for the K-3 for CW, but it was a great SSB
rig.  See my  reviews on eHam.

FWIW

73's from 10,000'

Jon Hamlet, W4ZW/Ø