Re: [CQ-Contest] Kenwood TS-590S Contesting performance question

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Kenwood TS-590S Contesting performance question
From: ct1ilt@sapo.pt
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 09:40:36 +0100
I am using a TS590 since last CQ WW CW  (2010) and I can tell you that it is a
beautiful radio. I used to have 2 x TS870 for SO2R and now I wish I had another
TS590!

The only 3 things I think Kenwood is still missing on their Radios are:

  * Second receiver (or at least DUAL-WATCH!)
  * Band Data outputs (for changing filters or six-pack)
  * AIP (Advanced Intercept Point) which the TS870 has and is UFB specially for
low bands

The DSP on the TS590 is fantastic, just like the one on the TS870 was.

Comparing a K3 filtered with the TS590 in terms of price, no doubt the TS590
will kick K3's ass!!

73's Filipe Lopes CT1ILT aka CR6K
http://www.rep.pt/ct1ilt