Re: [CQ-Contest] Dupes in CQ sponsored contests

To: <Ktfrog007@aol.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Dupes in CQ sponsored contests
From: "Tim Duffy K3LR" <k3lr@k3lr.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 17:10:04 -0500
Hello Kermit!

There are no penalties for working and logging dupes in any contests that I
am aware of. I believe it is always best to work and log all dupes, where
guys call you again. This way, in case the first QSO did not get into the
other guys log (that is why he called again) you will be all OK on the
second go around. It is faster most of the time to work the calling dupe
station instead of trying to explain that he is a dupe.

The great part about the Cabrillo log submission format is that the dupes
are not shown any differently in your log. The log checking software that is
used by contest sponsors sorts out the dupes without any problem or penalty.

73,
Tim K3LR