[CQ-Contest] Gray Line DXing

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Gray Line DXing
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 08:16:07 -0500
I've done a LOT of DXing using Gray line Propagation.  Ya know the
period around sunset and sunrise. I have always found it amazing to see
the VK and ZL stations just pop onto the band during this short window.

BUT,,

I have a question, on 160, 80, & 40, meters,  I never kept track of how
does the propagation,,, "Propagate" frequency wise?

Does it open on the lower frequency first and close first or higher or
what? Or all at once?

In other words this weekend is the Oceania DX contest and I planned on
getting on for fun to give away some points as well as look for some new
countries on the lower bands,

So was of course planning on doing some gray line work,  but I never
thought, about what order of the bands should I attack this.

Should I start on 160 and when it closes  go to 80 and when it closes
got to 40 etc.

or  what order if any does grey line propagation peak as the sun up is
progressing?

Joe WB9SBD
--

The Original Rolling Ball Clock