[CQ-Contest] Men Working - Pardon Our Dust

To: reflector cq-contest <CQ-Contest@Contesting.COM>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Men Working - Pardon Our Dust
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 09:10:54 -0400
You may have noticed in the last 10 days or so that the RBN has been
down occasionally. Sometimes Skimmers can't connect, sometimes they
connect but no spots flow, and sometimes the Telnet servers aren't working.

Alas, these are the inevitable side-effects of our efforts to make sure
the RBN is reliable by the time the major CW contests come around. We're
streamlining the database code and perfecting auto-restart functionality
so that when the record loads we anticipate for CQWW CW and SS CW come
online, we'll be able to handle them. The software guys are in two
time-zones, and have to fit this around their real jobs, so we can't
predict when these outages will occur.

If any software developers want to test their software against a
simulated flow that is 50 percent above last fall's highest average,
please contact me - n4zr@contesting.com and I'll turn on "the flood."

-- 73, Pete N4ZR
The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at
www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com,
arcluster.reversebeacon.net, port 7000