Re: [CQ-Contest] If you're booked at Dayton Doubletree-Downtown for 2012

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] If you're booked at Dayton Doubletree-Downtown for 2012...
From: "Jim McDonald" <jim@n7us.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 08:50:21 -0500
As Tony says, the Doubletree Hotel, which is two blocks from the Crowne
Plaza, is now the Dayton Grand Hotel.  http://www.daytongrandhotel.com/

I had made a reservation when it was the Doubletree for four nights, 5/16 -
5/20/12, at the senior rate for a total including tax of $431.

Since they changed hands I called yesterday to confirm my reservation.  They
did have the reservation but offered to change it to their now-lower,
standard rate of $89 plus 13% tax or $402.28.  It got even cheaper,
$80.10/night, when I asked about AAA/AARP.

The desk clerk offered that I might get a still better rate on the internet.
Hotels.com was $90, but the Dayton Grand website had a rate of $79.99 and an
AAA/AARP rate of $71.99 (10% discount) plus 13% tax.  My four-night total
was $325.40.

Even better than the 10% discount is the 12% discount for government or
business customers (I do have old business cards.).

Compare that to the Crowne Plaza at $135, or $152.55 with tax, or $610.20
for all four nights.  I need the walking exercise anyway.

They still had rooms as of yesterday.

Jim N7US