Re: [CQ-Contest] High-speed CW

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] High-speed CW
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 08:31:59 -0600
When I read comments like this it totally flabbergasts me.  When I got
my ticket in September of 1975, it is a day I will never ever forget
till the day I die,  (unless i get Alzheimer's or something like that)
Is the getting your ticket that low of importance that you can not even
remember what year?
Not only do I remember the year, 1975,  but the month, September, and
the Date, it was the 15th,  And a Monday.

It was a dull gray overcast day probably in the 50's, I still remember
opening the mailbox and finding that envelope. Opening it right then and
there, and yelling YEAH!!!!

Then I immediately got in my car and drove to my buddies house (we took
our novice test the same day) And I guess illegally looked in his
mailbox and found the same envelope.  I placed the front of it against
the glass of his door and rang the doorbell.

When he opened the door I will also never forget his expression when he
saw that envelope.  There isn't a drug out there that could have made
either of us any higher than getting those envelopes that day.

How anyone can not remember this stuff just baffles me.

Joe  ex WN9SBD  Now WB9SD