Re: [CQ-Contest] New RBN Server Debuts

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] New RBN Server Debuts
From: Rich NU6T <rehill@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 20:10:31 -0800
Hi Pete.  I've discovered a difficulty as a little pistol using the RBN
spots via VE7CC's CC User.  The problem is that many spots are for
stations I can't hear.  I ran assisted with N1MM, and found that I
typically jumped to a spot (SS CW and CQ WW SSB) and then spun the dial
to the station to the side of the spot and to the station I could hear.
I'm guessing that a number of RBN sources are stations with great
locations and antennas.  (I did limit sources to those near my QTH).

I'm thinking that I may have not really been "assisted".  The value of
the spots to me was that if provided a convenient quick way to jump to
new S&P search location.

Rich
NU6T