Re: [CQ-Contest] What would you have done?

To: artboyars@gmail.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] What would you have done?
From: Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 10:56:32 -0600 (CST)
Art,

It sounds like you know who the two stations are and you have email addresses
for them.

If I'd overheard this, I'd email both stations and tell them exactly what you
observed. And I would definitely contact Sean up at the League and tell him the
same thing.

If the ENY station copied what was sent, which is what you are supposed to do,
he shouldn't be dinged if the other guy had a brain f... spasm. He might lose
the mult because he didn't actually work the section sent, which is up to the
log checkers to determine (hopefully he worked someone else in WNY).

Things like this can happen in the heat of a contest. The few times I held a
frequency, I almost said "CQ Pa QSO Party" not "CQ Sweepstakes" more than a
couple of times; wrong rote! I think I caught myself in time, if not, well, the
jokes on me, right?

73, ron w3wn