Re: [CQ-Contest] CW Exchange

To: "n4dxi@arrl.net" <n4dxi@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CW Exchange
From: David Levine <david@levinecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 17:18:22 -0500
John,

I think about this a bit too. I mainly do what you did if it's a pileup and
he's banging out calls at what seems like 20 a minute. I'll often send just
my call again for him to confirm. I also have a macro button in N1MM that
sends "DSL DSL" since I often hear bsl or dil or ds or some combo that
doesn't seem like he got it right and send it after my call if I didn't
hear it properly, depending on conditions. Sometimes I just send my call
again and sometimes I send just the report.

Being a little guy @ 100w and dipoles, I appreciate the effort of the DX
station to catch my signal and don't want him dinged because I'm not
pushing 1.5KW into a stacked array pointed at his house. I try and give
them at least 1 shot (and often a couple) if they aren't getting my call
because they are doing the hard part.

K2DSL - David