Re: [CQ-Contest] Inequity of Zone Checking

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Inequity of Zone Checking
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 17:04:55 -0400
What the station sends does not determine the zone he is in.  So If I
sent zone 9 from J6M what zone would the stations that worked me get
credit for.

The object is to work the zones and countries.  You should send your
zone as many people may not know your zone.  This has roots far back
into the days of logging prior to computers.  It has become moot with
computer logging.  I agree that we should copy what is being sent but
some common sense needs to be applied here just like in driving a car.

Mike W0MU

J6M CQ WW DX CW Contest 2011
J6/W0MU November 21 - December 1 2011
W0MU-1 CC Cluster w0mu.net