Re: [CQ-Contest] Headphones for CW

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Headphones for CW
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 07:23:56 -0500
Looking at the pix, I think these may have the same problem as the
Logitech sound canceling headphones that were briefly the rage a couple
of years back.  They are built to fold into a relatively small, flat
carrying case, and (in the Logitechs) the swivels just above the actual
earphones were fragile.  Both broke on mine and my son's within a few
uses.  I epoxied mine rigid and used them for a couple of years before I
discovered the Yamahas.  The passive sound isolation is seemingly almost
as good as the Logitechs, and the mechanical design is a lot better.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com,
spots at telnet.reversebeacon.net, port 7000 AND now
at arcluster.reversebeacon.net port 7000